Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Old Copper Tea Pot With Red Onions 12” X 12”



I had lots of fun painting the textures and reflections in this composition, from the old copper tea pot with its ceramic handles, to the moist feeling of the peeled onion on the left, to the dusty, dry feeling of the outer skin of the larger onion on the right. I kept the composition simple, using just three elements for a more pleasing effect. I didn’t center the tea pot on the Golden Mean, but placed the largest reflection on the pot, the far part of the handle, and the stem of the smaller onion near it. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at your artwork you are very talented.. Thank you so much for sharing. I am going to steal a few when we come to visit next. ( just saying I am taking all your paintings.)

    ReplyDelete